Sunday, January 30, 2011

Introducing Glass Houses

Yesterday I finished writing and editing Glass Houses. In the days and weeks to come I'll surely think of little details or anecdotes to add. But for now I'm calling it done.

Glass Houses is the single-largest creative endeavor of my life. The "finished" product is 505,825 characters in 110,806 words on 524 pages in 103 chapters. A copy center charges $40 to $45 to print a copy.

The book is about me. I included a lot that will likely end up on the cutting room floor because I couldn't decide if it was part of the story or not. A good editor will have an easier time snipping events that have nothing to do with the story.

The number of chapters will likely drop, too. Currently most chapters are three to five pages, with some as short as two pages. Again, a good editor will drop some and combine others to improve flow and readability.

Having birthed this baby, now I want people to read it. If you read this blog, whether we've met or not you're part of my inner circle. Yeah, I've always had boundary issues.

Getting published is important because it will allow me to reach a larger audience. But until then, I am happy to share a PDF of the book with my inner circle. Word of mouth is an author's best friend.

If you want to read Glass Houses, shoot an e-mail to...

TheCrotchetyOldMan@gmail.com

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter