Friday, June 10, 2011

The End

In September of 2008, I stumbled across blogspot.com. Fifteen minutes later I created the Crotchety Old Man. Including this one, I've since written and posted 357 short essays.

From the start my blog had no purpose. There's no money in it for me from ads and I wasn't trying to sell anybody anything. I blogged entirely for fun.

At first concealing my real identity was a priority. I worried that freely expressing my opinions might cause problems at work. It hasn't, mostly because my coworkers are too busy to pay much attention to my rants.

Getting on Facebook in April of 2009 blew my anonymity. Yeah, it didn't have to. I could have kept blogging in secret. Well, maybe somebody else could--but not me.

The topics I write about have changed. Early posts were the kind of things you'd expect to hear from a crotchety old man. I haven't written a real crotchety rant for a long time. I'm just not that angry anymore.

Sometimes I write about my garden. On occasion I throw in things that are happening in my life. A lot of my recent posts revolve around Glass Houses, Addicted, and my journey toward becoming a "real" writer.

Writing for this blog has been fun. Unfortunately, writing for fun is no longer enough. My circumstances have changed. When one of my books gets published I'm going to need a blog to promote it, future books, and the author I hope to become.

Thanks for popping in over the last few years to see what I have to say and for your comments. Without your encouragement and support, Glass Houses would not have been written. I am eternally grateful and hope you'll still come around when I come up with a replacement for...

The Crotchety Old Man

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

can't wait for the next edition, whatever that may hold in store for the future...

DealiriousMama said...

That's so exciting! I can't wait to get my autographed copy. :)

CathyB said...

no no no!!! how will i make it without my every-few-days fix of COM???? Promise you'll stay in touch!

Though I can hardly fuss at you. I understand totally. Things change. I rarely ever post on my blog either, now that I have a love life, and *gasp* Facebook. I mostly post on my blog because the publisher of Sweet Tea (our local magazine) wants my articles for the magazind. It's small, but it's a start. :-)

i will miss visiting your blog. Somehow I missed the networked feed to FB and I'm just now seeing this post.

Please keep your fans updated on what's going on with your books. If you start another blog about your books and writing, please, please invite me!

I am watching for great things from you, and can't wait to get my hands on your books.

You had a great blog. We'll certainly miss your rants as well as your insights.

See you over on FB. :-) CathyB

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter