Monday, November 3, 2008

And the Winner Is...?

No matter who wins elections at the local, state and national level tomorrow, the big winner will be the media. How many millions of advertising dollars have they received over the last 12 months? There are so many Martin/Chambliss and Obama/McCain ads running on every station now that the networks barely have time to get their programming in.

What's going to happen after tomorrow night? With the economy in the dumps, are there enough advertisers out there to keep the television stations going? Or are we going to see another sector of the economy take a dive? Hard to imagine a media bail-out package.

No doubt the 24-hour news channels will lose viewers in droves. Who will watch once the election is over? Barring a natural disaster, there won't be a reason to tune in to hear what the pundits have to say. Maybe we'll get lucky and Fox News will go broke and close up shop.

After a few days of joyous posting (I'm being optimistic here), what will we write about in our blogs? I never intended for mine to be so political. I'm sure that's true of many others as well. For me, I guess I'll have to look around to find things to bitch about so I can remain...

The Crotchety Old Man

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter