Friday, April 2, 2010

That Time of Year...Again

Our third annual Derby Party is just four weeks away. I'll be fine once the party starts. Between now and then I will very likely have a meltdown or two and stay in a steady state of panic wondering how we'll ever get everything done.

We will. We always do. But until then, I'll worry. I could just re-post my post from this time last year, but what's the fun in that?

This year, just to keep it interesting, we also set a goal to complete a hefty number of room makeovers before the party. Motivated by Clean House, each room makeover has included a massive purge. We're trying to get the house ready to sell.

Four of the five rooms have been painted a lovely shade of white. The fifth room is piled high with purged items from the other four rooms. The pile now extends into the living room and clearly wants to hook-up with the pile in our garage.

The mountains of crap have to go before the party. Don't want our friends thinking we're hoarders. What would Niecy and the gang from Clean House do? They'd have a garage sale.

And so shall we. Next Saturday. Sure could use the Clean House gang around here this week to help us get ready.

This is also the last weekend to plant. If I wait, new arrivals look like they were planted the day before the party. I hit the garden center circuit earlier today and filled my car up with stuff I need to plant this weekend.

We'll get it done. We will. It's the kind of thing that makes me...

The Crotchety Old Man

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter