Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Late Summer Television Update

The biggest train wreck of the summer--Dance Your Ass Off--proved that people are willing to do just about anything in front of a live audience for a chance at $100,000. You'd have to pay me a hell of a lot more than $100,000 to get my fat ass in any of those costumes. It was the facial expressions of the dancers that made the show what it was. This is the show everyone was afraid of when Biggest Loser first came on.

Madmen is the first TV show to keep me up past 10:00 p.m. for a very long time. Intriguing characters, intelligent dialogue, and interesting plot twists keep me glued to the screen and eager for the next episode week after week. It's the best thing on television. If you haven't seen it, you really need to go all the way back to the first episode to know what's going on. It's well worth the time.

The new season of Real Housewives of Atlanta is in full swing. Any two get along fine, but throw in a third and there is trouble every time. The Atlanta Magazine recently called them the trashionistas in an article I've yet to read described as mean-spirited. Seems to me they mostly had it coming. Kandi is a nice addition. She's the only one making an honest living and she made me wonder how many baby momma's would be OK with me(none). I really wanted to see Sheree kick Kim's ass. Who didn't?

Tool Academy Two has started off with a bang. The tools are even more adorable this season than last. Aw come on. Everybody loves a bad boy, especially as hot as nearly all of these guys. The big surprise is that the girlfriends are shocked, just shocked that the tools have been unfaithful. Imagine!

Tuned in to watch the last few episodes of Top Chef Masters--once they stayed with the same group it got interesting. Looks like the gang assembled for Top Chef Las Vegas is among the most talented ever. I think Jennifer, Kevin and Michael V. will be in the final three.

I watch entirely too much television. I admit it. There are lots of things I could and should be doing instead. But with so many excellent viewing options... well... what can I say?

The Crotchety Old Man

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter