Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today in My Garden

My first clematis of the season started blooming a few days ago. I love them and have about a dozen different varieties. I think this one is 'Nelly Moser' but wouldn't swear to it.

My early azaleas are in full bloom. The red Kurumes are still too small to make much of an impression. The white Kurumes are about four foot tall. I love the small, double flowers and that they bloom first among the azaleas.

I couldn't get a good shot of everything together. This picture shows the clematis blooming behind Rutherford azaleas (the largest in my garden) beneath a dogwood. You can't see the red snapdragons and the just-emerging hostas. Oh well.

And that's what's happening today in the garden of...

The Crotchety Old Man

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

ah, Spring is a fullsome time,is it not? Lots to enjoy in your yard-- congratulations (I know that it takes several patient years to get to this place).

~Cynthia
(Natural Granny on Twitter)

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter