Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Anger Issues

People tell me I'm crotchety because I have anger issues. You're damn right. Here are just a few of the things I'm really mad about.

I'm angry about the inability of our elected officials to govern.

I'm pissed about the inability of journalists to report rather than opine.

I'm angry about partisan politics, career politicians, and too cozy relationships between politicians and corporations.

I'm totally pissed about the deliberate dissemination of deceptive, distorted and out-and-out dishonest information by anyone, but especially elected officials.

I'm dismayed by the failure of our educational system, the resulting ignorance and the negative impact on society and progress.

I'm pissed about robocalls from elected officials where I'm expected to listen while they regurgitate party talking points.

I'm mad about two wars nobody understands or wants.

I'm fed up with all the name calling and finger pointing.

I'm mad that our elected officials are more interested in winning the next election than in solving the problems our country faces.

My anger is bipartisan. It's also race and gender blind. If I was the boss I'd say fire them all.

Wait. Elected officials DO work for us, don't they? Call your elected officials. Tell them you are sick and tired of the bickering. Let them know we need people in office who play well together. Let them know we want them to find a way to work with the other side or we'll find someone who can.

And if they don't...let's throw every damn one of them out and pass laws preventing them from ever holding office again. The gridlock and attack politics isn't helping any of us and is just inexcusable.

I feel a little better. Thanks. But until something changes, I'll remain...

The Crotchety Old Man

1 comment:

CathyB said...

Very well said. It's enough to make anyone crotchety!

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter