Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Up to My Ears in Dog Poop

Why do so many dog owners think it's perfectly OK to leave poop wherever it falls? Our town has at least two different ordinances about picking up after your dog. I don't know why such ordinances are needed. You can do what you want in your own yard but it seems common sense would dictate removal when your dog does his or her duty elsewhere. Given election outcomes, it's evident that common sense has left the building.

I complained to the powers-that-be about my dog poop issues. They were very helpful. According to them I need to catch the offending party in the act, find out where they live and then animal control will give them a warning. Yeah right. They suggested I place signs in my yard encouraging dog walkers to do their duty. I'm going to give that a try but am expecting that the end result will be even more poop.

On occasion I have confronted guilty parties caught in the act. Most look at me like I'm crazy--which may not be far from the truth but we'll leave that for another time. A few offer sheepish grins and promise to do better next time. Just another reason you can call me...

The Crotchety Old Man

1 comment:

athensguy said...

To give your conversations a little more weight, I recommend you carry a shotgun next time you ask someone to fix their dog poop problems.

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter