Monday, March 16, 2009

Most Visited Postings

One of the first things I do every morning is check Google Analytics to find out how many folks visited this blog the day before. I used to spend a lot of time looking at all the subcategories. There's a ton of information, and I even know what some of it means. But these days I tend to focus on the number of visitors and the most popular postings.

My October 1 rant about my dissatisfaction with the "new and improved" gay.com is by far my most popular posting (New & Improved Gay.Com Sucks!). A follow-up posting on October 26 (New Gay.Com Still Sucks) is a distant second, with my rant about Gay Republicans wrapping up the top three. With the exception of four more (two on gay topics), the rest of my postings have about the same number of viewings. Interesting.

Most of the folks (about 60%) who read this blog come directly from another blog. Less than twenty percent come directly to the blog. The rest show up because this blog turned up when they searched for something. In about a fourth of those, "crotchety old man" was the search term. Most of the rest are various permutations of gay.com chat sucks. Apparently my view on that particular topic is shared by quite a few people.

"Most Visited" doesn't really tell me much. It might if I had as many viewers as Joe My God or Helen & Margaret. I don't think I'm gay enough or political enough for that to happen. My tendency to drift from topic to topic doesn't help me to build a regular following, either.

One of these days I'll look back over all that I've posted so I can post the list of my ten favorites. Some of my early rants were pretty good hehe. Some of my best postings aren't rants as much as reminiscences. Until I get my top ten list together, I'd love to hear from you about any of my postings that you really like (or dislike). You can either comment on this post or comment on the post you like (or hate). And thanks!

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter