Thursday, October 2, 2008

Palin vs Biden

Not since Dan Quayle have the Republicans put up such a dumb ass for Vice President. Say what you will about Cheney--but stupid he ain't (I know, one could easily argue that Cheney was too crotchety to be President so they let Bush head the ticket, in which case Quayle becomes #3 behind Palin and Bush). Quayle, as dumb as he came across, is an intellectual heavyweight compared to Palin.

I heard on NPR yesterday that the Republicans have proclaimed that The New York Times is not a credible news source. Yeah, I listen to and enjoy NPR which I hear makes me one of the liberal elite. The New York Times certainly isn't Fox News, which I suppose the GOP would assert is the only credible news source in the United States. This would all be absolutely hysterical if a huge percentage of Republicans didn't actually believe it! But I digress...

We have early voting here in Georgia. I voted last week because even if they established Obama as Satan in the flesh, I still couldn't vote for McCain/Palin. So the VP Debate tonight isn't going to change my vote (or opinion) one way or the other. I do plan to watch, mostly so the eventual Tina Fey sketch about Palin's certain screw-ups and circular answers will make more sense to me.

I'm sure Palin will finally be able to name a Supreme Court case other than Roe vs. Wade, and that she'll mention a couple of newspapers and magazines that she reads to stay informed. She'll probably mention a few foreign countries. She may talk about her lesbian friend-who's-not-just-a-friend-but-a-really-good-friend. But mostly, I predict she'll play cutesy with lots of winks and nods to help her connect with Jane and Joe Sixpack.

I'm too happy with Palin as the GOP VP candidate to sign off as...

The Crotchety Old Man

No comments:

 
Follow CrotchetyMan on Twitter